Choosing the best jewelry is more than just choosing the perfect diamond and arrangement. The kind of gold used in jewelry can have an enormous effect on its look, feeling, and longevity.
There’s no single form of gold used for all gold jewelry, contrary to common opinion. The gold used for rings, bracelets, watches, and other fine jewelry is rarely 100% pure gold; they are instead of various purity levels.
· 10K KARAT GOLD [CHEAPEST YET MOST DURABLE]
For 10K gold, the first striking thing is that it contains more alloy than gold. It has an alloy of 41.7 percent gold and 58.3 percent. 10K is considered less costly than 14K gold, and it’s referred to as discount gold! Most online vendors do not even offer 10K gold
Does that mean that you don’t have to buy 10K gold? Not, of course! Undoubtedly, 10K provides excellent value for capital. Although the durability gap is not as high as 18K vs. 14K, 10k is significantly cheaper and more durable than 14K. All in all, for individuals looking for the best deal, 10K gold is the right choice!
· 14K KARAT GOLD [MOST POPULAR ALSO AFFORDABLE]
Nearly 90% of all wedding rings and engagement rings sold in the United States are the most common option and consist of 14 K gold. Check black bow jewelry reviews as to Why is it pretty popular? 14K contains 58.5% gold, which is the ideal compromise because it is still very robust and won’t tarnish quickly.
It also has a lovely golden yellow color that you’re going to have a hard time telling apart from an 18k. It is still comparably inexpensive, apart from being a luxury gold.
There is a significant durability difference between 14k and 18k, you can check as it will generally take much longer for the former to produce noticeable wear and tear marks. That is why the best option for anyone looking for the perfect balance in durability, price, and look is 14k gold.
· 18K GOLD TYPE [MOST FRAGILE]
A good compromise between longevity and purity is offered by 18-karat gold jewelry. Let’s take a look at what this gold alloy is made of, and see if you can pick between a higher or lower karat amount of 18K gold and jewelry.
If a piece of jewelry is 18 carats, 18 parts of the piece are gold out of 24 parts, and six positions are other metals.
Eighteen karats are equivalent to 75 percent gold content, expressed in percentage terms (18 divided by 24). Usually, the other 25 percent consists of metals like zinc, copper, nickel, etc.
The 18K gold extra metals help to make the alloy more rigid and more durable than pure (24K) gold, which is too fragile for jewelry.
· 22 KARAT GOLD
22K gold jewelry means that 22 pieces of the jewelry are gold, and certain other metals are the balance of 2 parts. In jewelry-making, this sort of gold is widely used. 100 percent of 22 K gold, only 91.67 percent is pure gold. Metals such as silver, copper, nickel, and other alloys make up the additional 8.33 percent. This addition of metals makes the gold texture harder, thereby making the jewelry durable. However, from collected reviews, customers noted that while this can be used to make direct gold jewelry, for diamonds and heavily studded jewelry, 22K gold is not preferable.
· 24K GOLD TYPE [THE PUREST GOLD TYPE]
24K gold’s exceptionally high purity level gives it distinct features from another gold type. Each 24K gold has the same vivid, eye-catching orange-yellow look, unlike other gold
The purest form of gold available in 24K gold. 24K gold is made of 100% pure gold, unlike 10K, 14K, and 18K gold, all made from an alloy of gold and other metals. It gives it a rich, bright, and intense color that attracts the eye immediately.
Though 24K gold is highly desirable, it is not commonly used for rings of commitment. 24K gold bends and scratches because gold is such a soft metal, making it an undesirable metal for a ring that you or your fiancé-to-be would wear every day.